LFS Financial Systems is the management company of Access Microfinance Holding AG, which is the strategic investor in Africa, Central Asia / Caucasus and Latin America. LFS and AccessHolding are both based in Berlin (Germany). LFS, together with Access Microfinance Holding AG (AccessHolding), has built a network of specialized small business banks (AccessBanks) for which it acts as the management company and holds significant ownership. The AccessBank group currently comprises ten member banks in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, the Caucasus and Central Asia, which together employ more than 7,500 staff serving close to 1.5 million clients.
As one of our central business areas is the development of a growing bank alliance supported by our own software components we require a Principal Software Developer to support this work from inception, through to realization and support for integrated financial systems platforms in an environment of rapid growth. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the success of evolving SOA-based enterprise software landscape.
We are looking in Berlin for a
Principal Software Developer (f/m)
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will develop and incorporate our integrated financial system platforms in an environment of constant change. As Principal Software Developer you will support the Lead Developer and Solutions Architect in key discussions and structure the work of the development team but also coach junior staff. In addition, your tasks will include:
- High level design and estimation of solutions and integration in line with company’s design principles, patterns, practices, and standards;
- Development, unit testing and documentation of solutions, services, and integration;
- Design and programming of SQL databases;
- Proactively transfer and develop skills among the team members involved but also provide advice to technical staff and other departments;
- Create prototypes to mitigate technical risk and to demonstrate solution features;
- Contribute to release management for our solutions;
- Ensure successful implementation by supporting AccessHolding network banks in the introduction and operation of solutions.
- Degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, or equivalent;
- 5+ years practical experience in software/solutions development and systems integration;
- 2+ years practical experience with services and integration between different solutions and integration design patterns;
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Patterns, practices and standards (SOLID, DRY);
- High-level concepts and principles (e.g. service behavior, parallelization, logging, REST etc.);
- Protocols (e.g. HTTP, SOAP);
- ASP.NET, Web API and WCF technology stacks, incl. unit testing;
- C#, Java knowledge is an advantage;
- Solution testing approaches;
- Familiarity with middleware and other service-oriented integration tools and solutions (API, message broker, ESB);
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirement documentation;
- Analytical skills and experience with refactoring;
- Strong personal motivation and self-management as well as time management skills;
- Very good written and verbal communication skills as well as coaching skills;
- Work experience in banking or finance sector is a plus;
- Willingness to work in a multicultural work environment and ability to relate effectively to relevant levels of the company and network banks;
- High proficiency in English (spoken and written).
How to apply
If you are interested in taking on this challenge and would like to join our team, please apply online.